Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chicken
Level 8

Re: Roku vs Chromecast

"trekkeriii" wrote:
"Chicken" wrote:
I was under the impression or I should say expectation, Roku stick could accomplish more than it's capable of, I've learned it's just an internet streaming device with an odd wireless remote, nothing appreciably more.

I would highly you purchase a shield tv. You'd be very happy with that. It does have offline capabilities. It's a great device. And to make this relevant to the OP. It does have Chromecast as well. I use it mostly when I need High quality 4k with lossless DTS and Dolby formats Roku doesn't support. I think it's the modern replacement for the WDTV Live. I also like being able to us it to Stream PC Games like I am on a console.

To, the OP, this user is wanting offline capabilities on Roku, which is not relevant to your question.

This sounds like a good suggestion, I'm looking for something more than a simple internet streaming device and didn't know shield includes chromecast protocol, thank you.  It's not easy identifying what a device is incapable of, apparently expectations remain incredibly low in this new age of AI and higher learning.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

"Chicken" wrote:

This sounds like a good suggestion, I'm looking for something more than a simple internet streaming device and didn't know shield includes chromecast protocol, thank you.  It's not easy identifying what a device is incapable of, apparently expectations remain incredibly low in this new age of AI and higher learning.

Try looking at this site. The poster has made a lot of effort to identify the capabilities of various media streaming boxes, although it was developed strictly for 4K capable devices. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Chicken
Level 8

"atc98092" wrote:
"Chicken" wrote:

Try looking at this site. The poster has made a lot of effort to identify the capabilities of various media streaming boxes, although it was developed strictly for 4K capable devices. 

Thanks, it's time I checked back in with that forum.  Last year they poo-pood smart TV's and most anything to do with video streaming in favor of high definition any bird of prey would envy.
0 Kudos