Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku very bad connectivity on 2 applications

Hi,

I have a Roku 2. It is approx 7 metres from my router and works fine across NowTV, Prime Video, Netflix etc.

However it has bad buffering issues on Iplayer and NBA League Pass. The feed is normally fine for approx 10-15 minutes and then constant buffering / freezing. This is the same regardless of whether others are using the network or I am the only one using.

I have restarted roku, refreshed connection, deleted the apps and reinstalled and still facing the same problem.

Any advice appreciated! Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Roku very bad connectivity on 2 applications

There are five different Roku players that have the number 2 in the name, so we don't know exactly which player you have. A model number would help. 

However, all players with a 2 in the name are old, and unless yours is the model 4210, it likely just doesn't work well with the latest versions of the channels. Those older players have much slower processors, less memory, and in general are not adequate for use with the latest channels. I have a 2 XS in my desk drawer, and it's been there for years because it can't keep up. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Sorry for delay! My model is roku 2 4205eu.

It has got a little better with the Ethernet BUT still issues. I am thus assuming that I need to go out and upgrade!!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

@nbaaaa wrote:

Sorry for delay! My model is roku 2 4205eu.

It has got a little better with the Ethernet BUT still issues. I am thus assuming that I need to go out and upgrade!!

Thanks

I'll make an assumption that your model is equivalent to the North American model 4210, which would be the last version Roku 2, released sometime mid-2015. While it's still an older, slower player, it's not really slow like the 2XS or others from that era. But yes, it's possible that for those particular channels it just doesn't have enough processing power/memory to work well with those channels. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos