Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku upgrade

Jump to solution
I was offered an upgrade from the XS to the Roku express + ... the XS would automatically turn the tv on...does this new unit not do that? Or am I missing something? If it doesn’t how is that an upgraded unit?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Roku upgrade

Jump to solution

@Larajv wrote:
I was offered an upgrade from the XS to the Roku express + ... the XS would automatically turn the tv on...does this new unit not do that? Or am I missing something? If it doesn’t how is that an upgraded unit?

Yes, all Roku players support CEC, but it might not be enabled. Look in the Settings/System menu for something that says control other devices. It might be labeled One-Touch Play, or it might have some options labeled CEC. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Roku upgrade

Jump to solution

@Larajv wrote:

Yes, all Roku players support CEC, but it might not be enabled. Look in the Settings/System menu for something that says control other devices. It might be labeled One-Touch Play, or it might have some options labeled CEC. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos