Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JPS49
Reel Rookie

Re: How to fix Roku update 10.5 that just 'broke' all of my channels

Jump to solution

I don’t know if this will be helpful for you or not. I was able to fix my problems with the software update by unplugging everything from the power source—smart tv, cable box, Roku—waited a minute or two and plugged everything back in. After that my Roku has worked fine without any issues. 

0 Kudos
Cm_
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

This an old post but none of the “solutions” here worked — so this is what happened for me.  Factory reset of tv, then restarting my router and going through the tv setup again like when it was new fixed this issue for me after about 3 days of fiddling with other options.  Called tcl rokutv support and after a couple attempts that failed, 3rd time was the charm and all seems to be working as it was

0 Kudos
grumbledog

Re: Roku update 10.5 just broke all of my channels same isssue

Jump to solution

How did you revert back to an earlier build? I am having the same problem but all the usual stuff (restarting, uninstalling/updating my apps, etc) has not worked.

0 Kudos
Cm_
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I didn’t revert, I guess there is no way to.  It was a full factory reset of the tv from settings or system/advanced settings and letting it wipe everything, then download all the updates fresh.  Try resetting your router too.  Takes a while to set everything back up but this is what worked for me.

0 Kudos
Cm_
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

My reply keeps disappearing so apologies if I end up spamming.  There isn’t a way to roll back or choose an OS version,  had to do a full factory reset through the advanced settings on the tv and reconnect to my wifi,(after resetting router) and put in my email to activate Roku again.  If it works it will grab all the updates again and pull your apps in.  Hope that works for you, I’m sure it’s different with different tvs.

0 Kudos
Lora
Channel Surfer

FIX worked for me: Re: Roku update 10.5 just broke all of my channels

Jump to solution

FOUND a FIX! Was having the same problem.  Once you open up your apps. Go to any of them (do not click to open)

Simply press the * on your remote.  It will ask you if you want to update, click yes.  This worked for me, hopefully this will help you as well.

Lora

0 Kudos
GregLakes
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

It would be nice if a ROKU employee would come on and tell everyone how to fix this VERY annoying problem that breaks TVs—once and for all. Mine's fixed and I don't have the energy to spell out the solution. Private message RokuDanny-R if you're still having problems.

0 Kudos
Cm_
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks, I had tried that, they say they are all up to date.  I bet If I factory reset and reload everything every time I turn on the tv it would work, but I shouldn’t have to..and to the below, yes..it would be nice if Roku would jump in at any point and acknowledge there is a problem and they are working on it..

0 Kudos
GregLakes
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

The simple solution is you have to revert back to 10.0 I don't know what's going on at ROKU but I would def check your updates and i suspect you'll be able to revert back. If not contact a ROKU employee. And they'll specifically que your device to revert. That's how the fix happened for me thanks to another member of this forum. Factory reset is incredibly impractical for me...too many subscriptions.

0 Kudos
Cm_
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

TCL Roku support told me rolling back isn’t possible. I tried to find 10.0 since you can load an update via usb, no avail.  

0 Kudos