Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leo1171
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku update 10.5 just broke all of my channels

Jump to solution

Factory reset was a TERRIBLE idea.  Now it won't load ANY Channel!  Ugh, NOW I have a brick.  See the pictures attached. @RokuDanny-R since you've been active as a Roku employee with this issue.

PXL_20211008_192709558 - Copy.jpgPXL_20211008_192653129 - Copy.jpgPXL_20211008_192706670 - Copy.jpg

Roku3 4200X

10.5.0:4174

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Leo1171, can you connect your Roku 3 to your phone's hotspot to see what happens?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Jerry_V

Jump to solution

It was a hassle but here's how we solved the problem.  We first did a complete "Factory Reset" which meant we had to reinstall our Roku (3) with username and password.  It was just as if we were completely starting over and and then after choosing our preferred apps and viewing preferences, we had to go to each paid streaming app (i.e. Netflix, Prime, etc) and log in to each one and everything worked fine.  Hope that helps.

istrash
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’m currently having the same issue. My connection good but some of my channels won’t play content and everything is running slow. I did a reset and that didn’t work and then I did a factory reset and still the same problem. I also tried to uninstall and reinstall some of the apps but nothing changed. 

I called customer service and they weren’t much help. Just placed a ticket and said I will hear from someone within 24 hours. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku update 10.5 just broke all of my channels same isssue

Jump to solution

@Guynraleigh01 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing?

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Leo1171
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

In case any one is curious.  A few hours after the reset the Roku connected and downloaded channels on it's own.  Some them worked like Netflix, Apple+, Discovery+, but othere like Hulu & Prime Video are still inop.  Don't really care about Hulu since I canceled that this week.

0 Kudos
Guynraleigh01
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

This does not clear up the issue with Spotify will not open, I have removed and restarted and done this many times same issue Spotify will not open. I have posted on Spotify as well and they did what they could and this is a Roku issue after the last update Apps quit working for many people I see many posting on this without any help.

0 Kudos
bravoss

Jump to solution

The issue with update 10.5.0 has to be resolved. All my channels stopped working with this update on 10/7. I'm paying for services that I can't use. Please fix asap.

Roku Premiere 3920X - 10.5.0 build 4174-91

Broken channels - YouTube TV, HBO Max, Disney +, Netflix

0 Kudos
JareBear
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I agree.  There seems to be some pretty big issues across the board with this update.  Even if most of them seem to, eventually, work themselves out, it's pretty bad for their reputation.

Have you tried uninstalling 1 channel like I did?  How about forcing the update again?  If you try the forget, let it go for like 10 minutes or more if it just keeps thinking, then restart and check.  If you try the latter, just let the update sit until it stops.

A few of us have found that cleared the issue, even if it is a ridiculous solution.

0 Kudos
bravoss

Jump to solution

@JareBear - Thank you for the response. I just now resolved this by reverting to software version 10.0.0 build 4209-91. All my channels are working again!

Now let's just hope it doesn't automatically update.