Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joeboo
Level 9

Roku ultra vs premier

Jump to solution

I have a Roku premier but am thinking of getting the Ultra 2020. 

I have HULU Live, Netflix and Disney Plus. Just wondering if it is worth the $100 to get it.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Strega
Level 15

Re: Roku ultra vs premier

Jump to solution

I think it's hard to answer questions like this for other people.  Some people buy one Roku model and then post that they are shocked and appalled that it doesn't have one of the features included in higher-end models.  But which feature that is varies and may not matter at all to someone else.

Years ago, one of my coworkers said to another coworker:  You must have 6 figures in your home theater system! The other one replied: I have 6 figures in my interconnects.  The first said: Interconnects? And I said: Wires. This resulted in a mouth hanging open and no more words spoken.

In comparison to that, the most expensive Roku seems cheaper than dirt, so if there's anything you want in it, why not??

Have you been here?

https://www.roku.com/products/compare

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4\
Joeboo
Level 9

Jump to solution

Anyone care to weigh in?

0 Kudos
Strega
Level 15

Jump to solution

I think it's hard to answer questions like this for other people.  Some people buy one Roku model and then post that they are shocked and appalled that it doesn't have one of the features included in higher-end models.  But which feature that is varies and may not matter at all to someone else.

Years ago, one of my coworkers said to another coworker:  You must have 6 figures in your home theater system! The other one replied: I have 6 figures in my interconnects.  The first said: Interconnects? And I said: Wires. This resulted in a mouth hanging open and no more words spoken.

In comparison to that, the most expensive Roku seems cheaper than dirt, so if there's anything you want in it, why not??

Have you been here?

https://www.roku.com/products/compare

View solution in original post

Joeboo
Level 9

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply. 

My main thing is 5G. The premier doesn’t go up to 5G but I saw the Ultra 2020 did. 

The compare link you sent me was nice. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Mcscott
Level 7

Jump to solution

Stay away from the Ultra. Biggest purchase mistake I’ve made in years. It crashes, reboots every 10-15 minutes and Roku has not been able to resolve the issues. 

Just say No!

0 Kudos