Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KimmieThomas
Level 7

Roku tv

So I went and bought and installed a new router because the previous one was too old. My onn Roku tv was connected to the old network. I’m trying to connect it to the new network but I can’t find the remote that came with the tv, I only have the remote app. Is there a way to connect the tc to the new network without the remote that came with the tv?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: Roku tv

Nope.  You must have a remote.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: Roku tv

The Roku app on a phone can only connect to a Roku that is already using the same local network as the phone is using, so you can't use the phone to set up the Roku.

If your Roku has not undergone a Factory Reset or a Network Connection Reset, then it is merrily chugging along trying to connect to your former network name (SSID) and password.   If you can reconfigure your new router to use the same network name and password as you had before, your Roku should connect to it.  When you then connect your phone to this same network, the Roku app on the phone should work.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos