Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
voylusf

Roku tv vs. Roku streaming stick plus

I recently hooked up a Roku Streaming Stick+ to my smart tv. I now need to replace the tv, and I'm wondering if I should buy a Roku tv, or if a smart tv with the roku stick will give me the same programs and features ?? I also see alot of the Roku tv's show Apple and IPhone references. I dont have or use Apple. Does that affect the operation of the Roku tv if I go that route ?? Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku tv vs. Roku streaming stick plus

The major difference between a Roku TV and a TV with a Roku attached is the integration of the input selector on the main menu.

A Stick+ has the features you describe. https://www.roku.com/products/streaming-stick-plus

It really doesn't matter if you get a Roku TV or a different TV and attach a Roku, if the Roku has the features you want. By that, an Express might not have the features you want, for instance, while the Stick+ has most of the features Roku offers. The Ultra might be overkill for some.

Personally, I'd find a TV that had a picture I liked and not worry about its "smarts." If it came down to a couple of TVs, then I'd let the built-in Roku be the deciding factor.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

AvsGunnar

Echoing @DBDukes , I have multiple setups including a RokuTV,  and I much prefer a stand-alone TV with an attached stand-alone Roku streaming device.  It really is a matter of preference though.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

rpl_lol

I have a non-Roku TV with a Roku stick. Can I pause streaming TV? If so, how?

0 Kudos
renojim

@rpl_lol, it depends on the source and the channel/app you're using.  I've noticed that "live" streams on The Roku Channel cannot be paused, but something like NHK World Japan can be paused briefly.  Basically, if you press Play/Pause and nothing happens then it can't be paused.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos