Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku tv turns on and off

My Roku turns on and off multiple times by itself with no warning. I will be watching netflix or playing my Xbox and it will just shut off, then on, then off, then on and will be fine for a little while then repeat the process.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku tv turns on and off

You need to contact the manufacturer of the TV - onn, TCL, Sharp, etc.                                                                                                                                                                                            

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy

@mytvdoesntwrk-

Manufacturer support contacts for Roku TVs can be found in this support post: https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Ro...

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
DBDukes

@mytvdoesntwrk 

One other thing, check your batteries.

Most of the remotes that come with a Roku TV are the simple (IR) remotes. If the batteries are a problem, it may send a stray signal to the TV.

Okay, things. Also try to ensure the power button is clean. It's really easy for dust and dirt to get into the area around the button (however small that is). Wipe with a clean cloth. Blow it out, breath or from a can of compressed air. If the power button is dirty, it can cause a keypress to be emulated.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
MES1919

I have the same problem, it is not the TV because I have multiple Roku Ultra units and moved them around to see if it is the TV but it is not.  It is the Roku itself.  Will try the battery and don't think it is the on off button since it is new.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@MES1919 

This thread, and the solutions or troubleshooting steps mentioned, are intended for Roku TV devices, as the title of the thread suggests. You have a Roku Ultra. Not the same thing.

Suggest opening a new thread/topic for your Roku Ultra and describe what's happening. Perhaps we can help towards a solution.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos