Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dell
Level 7

Roku turns ARC off

Hi all
New to Roku the Roku is connected to amp via hdmi and to get power I connected usb to TV for power but now ARC is getting turned off ,so I thought that getting power from TV was causing problem so I connected to supplied adapter but still the same .
Anyone got any suggestions?
Thanks in advance Dell
Old man but still learning
0 Kudos
3 Replies
apodtele
Level 7

Re: Roku turns ARC off

When ARC does not work, try different audio protocol. Go to Setting > Audio > S/PDIF and ARC and downgrade from "Auto detect" or "Dolby D+". Plain "Dolby D, DTS" (without plus) works for me. 
0 Kudos
Dell
Level 7

Thanks will give it a go.
Old man but still learning
0 Kudos
RokuDale
Level 8

If Roku is directly connected to AMP, you don't care about ARC wrt Roku. Roku is sending audio directly to the AMP and it will play the audio. The amp might also be stripping the audio from the hdmi signal before it sends it on to the TV.

You only need ARC if you are watching source material coming from the TV, like Tuner content, or if the Roku was connected to an hdmi port on the TV.
0 Kudos