Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku stick-no light

Hello

I bought my Roku streaming stick 2 years ago and it's been working great up until this past month.  Now I can only get it to work 1 day of the week, usually Saturday for a couple hours.  The day's it doesn't work, the white light on the stick is barely noticeable.  The 1 day it does work, the light on the stick is as bright as a flashlight.  I've changed to another outlet, cord and power adapter.  Still, the light on the stick isn't powering on all the way.  I've tried the different outlet, cord and power adapter on my cell phone and it charges it up with no problem.  I know the warranty is history, but is the streaming stick history too and should I buy another one.  Please give me your thoughts. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Roku stick-no light

If the power light is as dim as you indicate, it sounds like the power handling circuit in the Stick is having a problem. Most likely nothing can be done about it. Since you've already tried different power sources, that pretty well eliminates any external issue. Although you said you used the Roku power adapter on your phone. I would still try a different power source on the Stick, just in case. 

While you said your Stick is two years old, you didn't list the model number. It's possible you still have an older than expected model, such as the 3600. Nothing inherently wrong with those, and I still have one I use. Just curious which model you have. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos