Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
palapula
Level 7

Roku stick controlling blu-ray+surround by passing through a non cec/arc enabled tv

I have an old 70in 1080p tv that has no arc or cec HDMI slots with a Roku stick+, and an old blu-ray + surround combo that does have cec and arc. For the past year or so I've had to use 2 remotes, one for the Roku + tv and one for just adjusting volume. About 2 months ago suddenly my Roku remote started controlling volume on my blu-ray surround combo. I thought somehow it was getting that cec/arc signal through my tv and a Roku update enabled this but after an update last night, I have lost that functionality. I tried to revert to the last update but nothing changed. I'm led to believe I was a quite a few updates. Anyone have an idea how I can restore this functionality?

And I saw the issues others were having with remotes losing control but I seemed to have the opposite issue during that time period. I gained functionality and the fixing update broke that it seems.

Edit: Realized I should add some setup details. Roku stick is connected directly to HDMI 1 on my tv. Optical audio out from tv to blu-ray surround because that's it's only input besides a single output/input HDMI. Blu-ray player connects to HDMI 2 from that slot.

0 Kudos