Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Smylee

Roku slowing down certain APPS like Netflix and HBOmax. Also, i am getting an error to erase channel

After the last update my Roku is not opening apps and continues to say that APP cannot open due to no network but network is testing fine. Then when I retry to open it says not enough space. I deleted 6 channels and still not opening apps. Also, when I try to open Netflix or HBOmax it buffers continuously. If I get the app to open it'll play for a few seconds then stops and continues to say loading. Please help. I tried updating, rebooting and troubleshooting but nothing is working. 

1 REPLY 1
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Roku slowing down certain APPS like Netflix and HBOmax. Also, i am getting an error to erase cha

You didnt mention your Roku model # and firmware version: Settings/System/About

Known solutions/workarounds for apps not loading/closing to Home:

1) Check for updates: Settings/System/System updates/Check now - try again

2) Change your Theme to the Roku Default: Settings/Theme/Restore default theme - try again

3) Change your Screensaver to a Roku clock: Settings/Theme/Screensavers - try again

4) Remove SD card (if installed) - try again

5) Remove app, RESTART ROKU: Settings/System/System restart/Restart, Add app - try again

6) Network connection reset: Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Network connection reset - try again

7) Completely unplug power from Roku for 10-15 minutes - try again

😎 Factory reset: Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Factory reset <--- last resort

NOTE for #5: Do not remove the YouTube TV app - you will not get the app back until the end of the dispute

0 Kudos