Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rappel
Level 7

Roku's with composite cable connection

I have had a 2400X to watch MLB.tv since 2012. I started up the app to test it before Spring Training games start and it doesn't load. I connected with MLB and they told me that that model is no longer supported. I have an old TV that uses composite cable to connect the Roku. Of these models, do any of them support composite cables? 3700X, 3710X, 3800X, 3810X, 3900X, 3910X, 4200X, 4210X, 4230X, 4400X, 4620X, 4630X, 4640X, 4660X, 5000X, 6000X, 7000X, 8000X

Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
schlambe
Level 8

Re: Roku's with composite cable connection

Just maybe it's time to upgrade the TV instead. Walmart has a 32" Roku TV for $100. Undoubtedly less on craigslist if you watch it carefully. The picture difference itself is worth it.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@rappel 

The Roku Express+ (3710 and 3910) will support composite cable.

Please be aware that the 2400X is a much older device. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Michelle3
Level 12

@schlambe wrote:
Just maybe it's time to upgrade the TV instead. Walmart has a 32" Roku TV for $100. Undoubtedly less on craigslist if you watch it carefully. The picture difference itself is worth it.

This solution is literally extremely inaccurate and unhelpful.

The two Roku Express+ models have 3.5mm RCA Composite audio/video output. They are 3710 and 3910. 

The only Roku models to only output at HDMI are newer models. These include Streaming Stick models and 4K supported models.

Please be aware that if you have a very older Roku model with the Yellow (Composite video), Red (Right stereophonic audio) and White (Left monaural audio) RCA outputs, then unfortunately, they will be obsolete nowadays.

Also be aware that Roku, Inc. has not manufactured anymore Roku models with the Y/Pb/Pr outputs for a while, meaning those models are as well, obsolete nowadays.

This also means that if your TV only has Y/Pb/Pr outputs, but not also RCA outputs, you might need both an HDMI only Roku model and an HDMI to Y/Pb/Pr converter since the resolutions of the Y/Pb/Pr output are like the HDMI output ones if your TV model with only Y/Pb/Pr outputs is 16:9, but if your TV model with only Y/Pb/Pr outputs is 4:3, you might need both a Roku Express+ model with 3.5mm RCA output and an RCA to Y/Pb/Pr converter. 

~Jordan

0 Kudos