Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MilesT
Roku Guru

Re: Roku's advertisements are not family friendly. How do we fix this?

Ad blocking router etc. unlikely to work in this case as the advert is within the Roku home screen app.

Roku is just not interested in creating a family friendly device.

There may be scope for an independent app writer to create a new screensaver/wallpaper app to try and improve the situation but it may not be possible.

Not a Roku employee
KV0407
Reel Rookie

Having the same issue!! Ads for IT currently displaying and my toddlers now have nightmares 🙄😫

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@KV0407

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? When you see these ads, what channel are you watching?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
byrond
Reel Rookie

Danny Roku,

The ads being discussed are the ones that appear on the home screen. Please read the rest of the thread for more details. You can visit previous pages of this discussion by using the pager at the bottom of each page.

Cotj
Channel Surfer

To bring back up this issue. I have several foster kids that were shown inappropriate movies, and have been diagnosed with PTSD from their trauma, and on my Roku today there is an add scrolling across on the screen saver with a creepy clown advertising Bizar Murders.

Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hi @Cotj, we can definitely see where you're coming from and how this can be concerning. Would you mind sharing the dates and time of day you noticed this? We appreciate your patience while we look into this further.

Cotj
Channel Surfer

Today at 230 mountain time, my foster kid was yelling from the living room because of a creepy clown advertisement.

KV0407
Reel Rookie

Yep! My toddlers had nightmares and were unable to sleep in their own rooms for a couple nights after that creepy clown advertisement 😩

Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Thanks so much, @Cotj. We’ll pass this along to our internal team for them to review. We really appreciate your feedback.

Yeah I wrote you guys about this awhile back too. It appears no one cares on the roku side? I'm sorry but I don't need ads with sexually suggestive material, horror or transgender propaganda showing up in the middle of the afternoon when my toddlers and kids want to watch a cartoon. Honestly, somebody on YOUR end is not paying attention or a total idiot. You should actually LISTEN when  your  customers are trying to tell you something.  It's infuriating frankly and this is how you lose customers.