Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Bigmecha
Level 7

Roku's DS Video subtitles not working...why

Hi there

First I have to say I been looking for info about getting my subtitles to work in Roku's DS Video for the last 2 to 3 years since they decided to stop updating DS Video.  I have had no problems way before that with Roku and Roku's DS Video.  The subtitles worked no problem whether they were hard coded or soft coded. 

I have a Synology DS718+ and a DS411 as backup, yet my DS411 use to play subtitles via DLNA years ago in DS Video.  I have Video Station for my NAS at 2.4.6-1594 for both NAS*(s) right now.

I can watch hard coded subtitles on Roku's DS Video but no soft coded subtitles.  Of course all in english.  I been hard coding english subtitles only in foreign movies such as Eleven Samurai.  I get the soft coded showing to choose from but they do not work.

I use Subtitle- Edit program and that works well!  great!

I know both hard coded and soft coded subtitles show up on my PC, and Western Digital HD TV LIVE, and my IPAD2.  I can turn it off or on with ease.

I have a Roku 3600X version 9.1 Build 4111-24 right now with DS Video version 1.7 on my Roku stick.

I really could use help getting them to work...I have heard that Plex users are having problems to.  Synology has tried to help but I do not think they have done enough to fix this situation or if it is just ROKU DS Video app.

p.s. I use MEGUI to encode...it will hard encode or soft encode subtitles.  I only do English subtitles by the way.

thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos