Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HelpMe5
Level 7

Roku restarting itself

my roku express has been working perfectly on my insignia tv (model# NS-39D400NA14) I was recently given another tv which is an Emerson (model# LF501EM5F) and now my roku keeps restarting itself randomly when I am in any of my streaming apps (Netflix Hulu or Disney+) or even when Im just trying to fix the Home Screen it just restarts it’s self. sometimes it happens right away other times I can watch an episode or two before it restarts. I have tried unplugging the tv, unplugging the roku, factory reset on the roku, deleting and adding apps again and turning off the bandwidth and nothing had worked. I’m not sure if this type of roku is just not compatible with the Emerson tv but I have literally tired everything and nothing on google works. I just ordered another roku express so maybe that will work. Please help.

3 Replies
Joandrileysmom
Level 7

Re: Roku restarting itself

I bought both of my sons a roku express for Christmas, I hooked one of them up a few days ago to my TV in my room and set it all up and everything went perfectly. Today I hooked the other one up to do the same and I'm having the same issue, except it doesn't even start up all the way. The word "Roku" pops up on the screen and it goes right back off. Over and over again. I've tried factory resetting, unhooking and hooking everything back up. Unplugging and plugging everything, NOTHING works..

I've seen several of these posts with no working results. I was planning on ordering one for myself but, this is extremely annoying. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Are you both using the supplied power adapter and not the TV's USB port?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Joandrileysmom
Level 7

Yes, I tried both ways. 

0 Kudos