Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joset
Reel Rookie

Roku reminder won’t turn off

Jump to solution

When I use the volume of the remote a reminder to cancel recurring reminders appears but it won’t let me cancel the reminders. How do I fix or remove the reminders? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Joset
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku reminder won’t turn off

Jump to solution

Reset your tv to factory defaults. This should fix it. It did it for me. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
pfrog206

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue. Did you find a solution?

0 Kudos
Joset
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Reset your tv to factory defaults. This should fix it. It did it for me. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Once you reset your TV to get rid of the reminder do you have to re-download all of your apps?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@cry4mecable

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that channels on your Roku device are linked to your Roku account. If you've factory reset your Roku device, once you've linked the device back to your Roku account, the device should update your channels linked to your Roku account. However, you may need to re-authenticate some channel credentials as that is no longer stored after performing a factory reset.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DeanLach
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

DANNY: How about for Developers?  I noticed that I get emails with the subject: "Subscription Confirmation" every month.  I don't want to have my customers get harassed by these.  In fact, if they continue to get these unnecessary notices then they'll cancel my channels. 

(And I would imagine the results would be bad for Roku if a customer were to choose to switch to another platform like FireTV that doesn't send these annoying emails.)

Just today, I went into my Developer dashboard and found an "API setting" called "Stop sending billing notifications."  Perhaps this will stop the emails from arriving in my email box -- BUT, will it stop the email's from being sent to my customers?

Cut that Cable!
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@DeanLach

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about developer related inquiries, we would recommend posting within the Roku Developer Program for further assistance.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos