Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daviator
Level 7

Roku "search" only shows programs on unsubscribed channels

I recently searched Roku for "Death in Paradise" as I could not remember which of my channels is was on. Roku ONLY showed results for Vudu, a channel I do NOT subscribe to. Roku support pretty much just shrugged. I eventually found the program still alive and well on Netflix so it was NOT that it had been removed from my apps. 

I highly suspect that channels like Vudu pay Roku to have this done to help driver new subscriptions. If this is indeed the case the goodbye Roku. I don't need this sort of sliminess. 
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DBDukes
Level 9

Re: Roku "search" only shows programs on unsubscribed channels

"Daviator" wrote:
I recently searched Roku for "Death in Paradise" as I could not remember which of my channels is was on. Roku ONLY showed results for Vudu, a channel I do NOT subscribe to. Roku support pretty much just shrugged. I eventually found the program still alive and well on Netflix so it was NOT that it had been removed from my apps. 

I highly suspect that channels like Vudu pay Roku to have this done to help driver new subscriptions. If this is indeed the case the goodbye Roku. I don't need this sort of sliminess. 

Roku Search doesn't search your channels. It searches all channels that provide search information to Roku.

When I search for "Death in Paradise" I find results from VUDU, Prime Video (Amazon), and (ta-dah!) Netflix. But only for the seasons those respective services carry.

Maybe the feed to Netflix was down or updating at the time you searched it. Maybe something else. But whatever it was, it wasn't your Evil Roku scenario that you highly suspect. It's okay to watch X-Files. Just remember it only a TV show, not a documentary. No big conspiracy going on here.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos