Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mtlman44

Re: Roku pop up menu guide keeps appearing on screen

How do I do that?

0 Kudos
Gpeirce
Streaming Star

Same as BongoMike.  Glad I'm not the only one.  I thought I was crazy.  Banner appears after watching a station for about a minute.  And really annoying when paging through the guide and it pops the banner up.  My TCL TV does not have the store setting option.  Guess we'll never get this resolved.

Benedlr
Roku Guru

Re: Unwanted Info Auto Pop-up on Live TV

Same here. I'm just using basic functions, no subs. I have never had a tv before that required so many resets. Their stink **bleep** timer is just plain dumb. I discovered an old favorite from decades ago in the 800's. It's been there all along, but I kept getting switched back before getting deep. Now I have to island hop to discover anything interesting. Scroll for 30 seconds, reading the info. Select channel at 30 sec. mark. Repeat, repeat, repeat.

0 Kudos
BongoMike
Binge Watcher

Yep-the Struggle is REAL!!!...Not a Fix, but what I decided to do is just view the streaming channels(non-ota) thru the Roku Channel App(The guide is set-up similar Minus the Pop-up 'Glitch')! At least that way I can usually page thru the ota channels fast enough without getting bumped back to the channel im on-fyi. Hope that helps as it's saved me quite a bit of Frustration until this thing is figured out.

RParker
Reel Rookie

I have a 55s401 just did a complete factory reset started it from the beginning haven't seen that menu bar yet had the same problem of the rest of you guys annoying get halfway through the menu and it reset go back to the where you started BS is right but so far so good

0 Kudos
eDM
Reel Rookie

Using a Hisense Roku TV, about a year old, OTA antenna and stream channels combined in the guide.  Also have a USB connected for pause/rewind.  Last update reported by TV:  Dec 16 11:28 pm

After 1 minute, channel info pops up after changing to a channel or initial power on within a channel.  If the guide is up after changing the channel and playing in the background, the pop-up will happen as well and actually change the channel to what channel you are scrolling through in the guide.

So far this removed the guide info pop-up after 1 minute issue for me, changed from Default to Disabled for Control by mobile apps:

Home-->Settings-->System-->Advanced system settings-->Control by mobile apps-->Network access-->Disabled

I have not had the channel info pop-up since--I even changed the Control by mobile apps back to Default and it is still no longer coming up--not sure if fiddling with that setting set it straight but it is working for me so far...

BongoMike
Binge Watcher

Tried that and didn't work-prob something else did it if you put the settings back to the way they were before and it still worked?

HiddeninKS
Channel Surfer

Tried that - no difference.  Still get guide popups at times, and get the "switch channels" as I'm trying to go through the guide.  Roku really borked something up with the guide.

TvUser2
Reel Rookie

I also keep getting that same popup on all my Hisense Roku tv's. New batteries, no batteries it is all the same on every one and I have 4 of them. No solution has come up to resolve.

TvUser2
Reel Rookie

Like you I believe it is a last update made in December that had a glitch which is now causing all of us to experience the same issue.  It is not the marketing add popup that those responding with a solution is understanding.  I feel we all need to contact Roku to address the issue with a new patch.