Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robcam66

Re: Roku pop up menu guide keeps appearing on screen

I got rid of this by going to Home Screen> settings>System> store settings>Then click off the box beside “show store marketing messages”

0 Kudos
Wally17
Reel Rookie

Re: Unwanted Info Auto Pop-up on Live TV

Anyone from Roku out there?  What good is Roku support and this website, if there is no response from Roku?

Harvini
Roku Guru

They don't actually answer, except to ask for serial numbers and model numbers.  Then they go off and never actually provide you with anything useful.

battlebasset
Binge Watcher

Well, they keep telling me how many kudos I'm getting and that I'm moving up to the next level.  So I guess that's something...

robwes2001

i have RCA Roku TV and it is 100% the worst piece of garbage - the endless "no information available" listing called a channel guide is a sad joke - i bought it a couple of months ago and can't wait to replace it.

0 Kudos
BongoMike
Binge Watcher

I don't have those exact setting on my Roku and I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing...My pop-ups are on the ota channel on the bottom we're it randomly pops-up when watching or scrolling thru the guide(really annoying as when im scrolling when it does it, it just takes me off the guide to the channel im watching(only does this on ota, however i did notice it did it as well when i added the Roku streaming channels in addition to my ota channels, so I don't think it's a bad signal issue that forces the pop-up. It's all just very 'Strange')-Indeed!

BongoMike
Binge Watcher

That happens to me once in awhile too, but i noticed it usually only happens when I've lost the wifi connection(or roku Thinks ive lost it-Roku is def 'Glitchy')-as my connection will be fine and i just have to restart for it to know im Actually connected and my wifi is Fine-Annoying!

StevenCee
Roku Guru

This is so much bs.... Mine does the same thing, as well as popping back to the original channel, when I'm scrolling hundreds of channels away, forcing me to go back and start all over!  This is ridiculous, having to scroll through hundreds of channels manually!  And some channels will have spoken descriptions, despite my having it deselected in preferences, and other channels only having audio, with a gray/black screen, making me have to bounce back & forth between channels till I get the picture to stay on!  And calling in did no good, they just have me reset this and that, turn the tv on & off, and it's still doing the same bogus stuff...

CoachDavo

I have the exact same issue on a 55" TCL.  No Store Settings in the menu, changed remote batteries.  I am ready to push for a replacement TV from TCL, totally annoying

mtlman44

It says I can get sling for free, but I already pay for sling. I called sling and they said it was your devise.

0 Kudos