Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
battlebasset
Binge Watcher

Re: Unwanted Info Auto Pop-up on Live TV

I have experienced the same thing.  Glad it’s not just me. I have a RCA Roku TV.  This happens on both ota and streaming live channels so doesn’t appear to be related to ota signal strength fluctuations. 

Also my signal strength bar is 5 bars on many stations when it just used to be one. Weird. 

Tags (1)
HiddeninKS
Channel Surfer

Ditto for me on a TCL TV.  Started happening right after the "update debacle" that occurred just last Jan 15/16 I think.  Pushed an update that complete borked the TV, put it into a boot loop.  Couldn't do anything until I did a complete reset, and had to set everything back up again.

Since that time, I've had this behavior

battlebasset
Binge Watcher

Thanks for responding.  Hoping we can get more responses to bring this to the attention of Roku management. 

HiddeninKS
Channel Surfer

Anyone have a REAL support email/contact?  They seem to have completely insulated themselves from being able to get actual support other than this community, which I'll bet they generally ignore.

battlebasset
Binge Watcher

I’m trying to reply and like the comments to keep it at the top of the trending feed. 

HiddeninKS
Channel Surfer

there's a plan

battlebasset
Binge Watcher

I never said it was a good one Smiley Sad

EBS
Channel Surfer

Same for me

Tags (1)
EBS
Channel Surfer

Same for me

Tags (1)
Benedlr
Roku Guru

You're not alone. This came with the annoying 45 second time limit on the channel guide. Roku gives me hundreds of programs but no time to choose. Switching back to the previous channel on the remote now has a delay. There is a lag in syncing sound too. Upgrades have come with too many problems. Please return control of my television set to me.