Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steve14
Streaming Star

Re: Roku pop up menu guide keeps appearing on screen

This is the same issue which I described in my previous post.  Hope to get a solution from Roku support.

0 Kudos
lutorr808
Reel Rookie

Go to: Settings > System > Store Settings and uncheck "show store marketing messages"

There it is - very simple 😊

0 Kudos
Mm2
Channel Surfer

Settings>System> There is NO Store Settings option.  And I have never come across Show Store Marketing Messages.

lutorr808
Reel Rookie

On my Philips Roku smart tvOn my Philips Roku smart tv

Keep in mind - not everyone will have the Store Settings option on their smart TV setup like mine but it doesn't hurt to check since it did solve my menu popup issue.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the help it worked 

0 Kudos
mml222

having the exact issue & no "Store Settings" in my System menu....did you find an answer?

0 Kudos
Mm2
Channel Surfer

No, I haven’t, but I have a TCL Roku, not a Phillips.  Yesterday, we had really stormy weather, and it kept popping up over and over again on over-the-air stations 🤯

0 Kudos
Tigger1

Im having the same problem anyone come up with a solution yet

0 Kudos
BongoMike
Binge Watcher

Same here and what's super Annoying is that when I'm paging thru the Guide, when the pop-up happens it throws me out of the guide back to the channel im watching(I noticed this started happening when I added the streaming channels along with the OTA channels on my guide so Im not sure if that has something to do with it)-fyi.

Unwanted Info Auto Pop-up on Live TV

The software on my Roco smart TV was updated in mid-December (or so).  Since that time (I can only suspect), while watching live OTA Broadcast TV, the info screen pops up without prompting.  (This is the portion of the screen at the bottom that has info about signal strength, current time, the name of the show current being watched, the plot synopsis, etc.)  This happens about 90 seconds into a newly chosen channel and also about 90 seconds after a new show starts on the same channel.  This is VERY annoying!  I KNOW WHAT I'M WATCHING!  ...;and if I don't, I can hit the "OK" on my remote and get this screen for myself.

Coupled with this problem........when I'm brousing through the channels for a show to watch, after some period of time -- before I'm through brousing -- it kicks me out of the channel brousing screen and back to the channel and show having been selected previously.  This is EXTREMELY annoying!  If I want to continue to brouse, I have to start all over again.