Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amurray2087
Level 7

Roku player and remote stopped working

Roku & the remote stopped working in the middle of a show.  The program just went back to Roku main screen.  At this point I tried changing the batteries, I unplugged Roku from the TV, I tried pairing but your remote might need to work a bit for that (I tried anyway).  Went through all the steps to try & get the remote working.  I have the Roku streaming stick plus.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku player and remote stopped working

Hi @amurray2087,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community! 

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running.

A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

1. Have you tried plugging the Roku device on a different HDMI port on your TV or a different TV, just to test and isolate the issue?
  2. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?

We recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: How do I resolve issues with my Roku® voice remote? | Official Roku Support 

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there!

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
anthonytcc
Level 7

I have the same problem; device stops working in the middle of a program.  It will not do me any good to check out your link as I do not have a voice remote.  Why does it do this and how to prevent it.

0 Kudos
Seymourshirley
Level 7

I have the same issues and no help from Roku at all. I've tried everything they said to try and it still doesn't work

0 Kudos
Seymourshirley
Level 7

None of that works

0 Kudos