Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku player and remote stopped working

Roku & the remote stopped working in the middle of a show.  The program just went back to Roku main screen.  At this point I tried changing the batteries, I unplugged Roku from the TV, I tried pairing but your remote might need to work a bit for that (I tried anyway).  Went through all the steps to try & get the remote working.  I have the Roku streaming stick plus.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku player and remote stopped working

Hi @amurray2087,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community! 

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running.

A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

1. Have you tried plugging the Roku device on a different HDMI port on your TV or a different TV, just to test and isolate the issue?
  2. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?

We recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: How do I resolve issues with my Roku® voice remote? | Official Roku Support 

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there!

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
anthonytcc

I have the same problem; device stops working in the middle of a program.  It will not do me any good to check out your link as I do not have a voice remote.  Why does it do this and how to prevent it.

0 Kudos

I have the same issues and no help from Roku at all. I've tried everything they said to try and it still doesn't work

0 Kudos

None of that works

0 Kudos