Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
massica

Roku overheating & hot to touch

Got a message my Riki is overheating. I unplugged it & let it cool down. Don’t know what else to do. No information at all from Roku products. Plugged it back in after awhile & seems ok. Who knows

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku overheating & hot to touch

@massica 

What Roku device do you have? Model number is always helpful. Settings > System > About

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Roku page re overheating issue:

https://support.roku.com/article/226794787

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
JPell72
Reel Rookie

The help page is total garbage if you go through all the steps, and it does not solve the problem it says to stop using the device. Really that's the answer and nothing else? I filled out the form for a HDMI extender and keep getting error messages. Roku really needs to get their act together. My next streaming device will be a firestick. Their customer service and lack thereof is unacceptable. They should be ashamed of themselves.