Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rrrick
Reel Rookie

Roku not workoing or pairing

Previously working roku streaming stick is not working.  When powered on a screen comes up that says pair roku. The remote has new batteries and works on other rokus in our home.  The app does not recognize the stick (it does recognize our other roku devices). How can I get the roku to work and have it paired with the remote.  I have reset it, changed batteries, and restarted power.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku not workoing or pairing

When it says to pair the remote have you tried holding down the pairing button in the battery compartment until the light comes on?  The app won't see it until it's connected to your network.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
DBDukes

@rrrick wrote:

Previously working roku streaming stick is not working.  When powered on a screen comes up that says pair roku. The remote has new batteries and works on other rokus in our home.  The app does not recognize the stick (it does recognize our other roku devices). How can I get the roku to work and have it paired with the remote.  I have reset it, changed batteries, and restarted power.

This sentence is standing out to me:

@rrrick wrote:

... The app does not recognize the stick (it does recognize our other roku devices). ...

What app? The Roku app? That's what @renojim is thinking, and I don't disagree, but I want to make sure that's the app you're talking about.

And, as @renojim, apps won't see the Roku device until it is on the network. And, if it's not on the network, it can't be added without a remote. But my main thing is to confirm which app you're talking about.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
rrrick
Reel Rookie

Yes, I meant the roku app so I understand that until it is reconnected to the network, it wont connect to the app.  The remote does not have a reset button, it must be an older remote.

0 Kudos
rrrick
Reel Rookie

There is no pairing button.  The remote must be an older version.

0 Kudos
makaiguy

This must not be the remote that came with the Streaming Stick.

A remote with no pairing button sends its signals via infrared (IR) which is direct line of sight. 

Roku Streaming Sticks are normally used behind a tv set where IR can't reach, so they are not built with an IR receiver and can't respond to IR commands.  Streaming Sticks use a remote that controls via radio frequencies (RF) that can reach the stick even when it is not in your line of sight.  Either of the "Voice remotes" on this page will work with a Streaming Stick.  You can also find them on Amazon and other retailers.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos