Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku not working with Google Home

Jump to solution

I am in the United States, I have connected my roku to Google home and when I ask Google to play something on Netflix it tells me to use your remote to search. How do I fix this

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Roku not working with Google Home

Jump to solution

@Dell32  Thanks for the question. Using your voice to launch Netflix, or access and interact with Netflix content is not currently supported when using the Roku skill for Google Assistant. Other voice commands like those for adjusting volume are also not supported when using Netflix. You can see more here: https://support.roku.com/article/360009649613-how-do-i-use-the-google-assistant-with-my-roku-streami...

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

Use the remote to Search for it.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@Dell32  Thanks for the question. Using your voice to launch Netflix, or access and interact with Netflix content is not currently supported when using the Roku skill for Google Assistant. Other voice commands like those for adjusting volume are also not supported when using Netflix. You can see more here: https://support.roku.com/article/360009649613-how-do-i-use-the-google-assistant-with-my-roku-streami...

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Google Home states Roku is unavailable

Jump to solution

I just spent 45 minutes on Google Home support attempting to determine why my Express+ is not available to Google Home when provided a voice command.  I just installed my Roku last night and Google Home integration was working. I woke this morning to it no longer working.  I have reset the Roku, my internet, my home device and nothing has corrected the issue.  Any help would be appreciated as Google was unable to determine the problem.  Thank you

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Google Home states Roku is unavailable

Jump to solution

Similar issue, model 3930X is not reachable even though the google app and the roku account suggest they are successfully linked.

Have preformed re-sets and permissions verifications.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue. Even when I attempt to provide commands to my Roku via the Google Home app, I get a “something is wrong” message.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Has there been a fix yet mins not working and every link i get from roku doesn’t seem to work 

0 Kudos