Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dell32

Roku not working with Google Home

Jump to solution

I am in the United States, I have connected my roku to Google home and when I ask Google to play something on Netflix it tells me to use your remote to search. How do I fix this

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku not working with Google Home

Jump to solution

@Dell32  Thanks for the question. Using your voice to launch Netflix, or access and interact with Netflix content is not currently supported when using the Roku skill for Google Assistant.

Other voice commands like those for adjusting volume are also not supported when using Netflix. You can see more in this support article: How to use Google to control your Roku® streaming device

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
boogernose
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Use the remote to Search for it.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Dell32  Thanks for the question. Using your voice to launch Netflix, or access and interact with Netflix content is not currently supported when using the Roku skill for Google Assistant.

Other voice commands like those for adjusting volume are also not supported when using Netflix. You can see more in this support article: How to use Google to control your Roku® streaming device

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
ftlng

Google Home states Roku is unavailable

Jump to solution

I just spent 45 minutes on Google Home support attempting to determine why my Express+ is not available to Google Home when provided a voice command.  I just installed my Roku last night and Google Home integration was working. I woke this morning to it no longer working.  I have reset the Roku, my internet, my home device and nothing has corrected the issue.  Any help would be appreciated as Google was unable to determine the problem.  Thank you

John10

Re: Google Home states Roku is unavailable

Jump to solution

Similar issue, model 3930X is not reachable even though the google app and the roku account suggest they are successfully linked.

Have preformed re-sets and permissions verifications.

0 Kudos
Shadow1122

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue. Even when I attempt to provide commands to my Roku via the Google Home app, I get a “something is wrong” message.

0 Kudos
GBMark
Channel Surfer

Google home not working

Jump to solution

So I purchased a Roku express and was setting it all up and was happy to know that it works with google home. Ive signed in though the home app and the tv player in there but doesn’t work. Ive tried resetting roku and unlinking it in the google home app etc but nothing, i don't know what to do. Can anyone help? I live in the uk if that make any difference 

0 Kudos
GBMark
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Has there been a fix yet mins not working and every link i get from roku doesn’t seem to work 

0 Kudos
Avgirl927

Jump to solution

I've been having this problem with my Roku Streaming Stick since March-ish. One day everything worked perfectly for launching Hulu & YouTube, and the next my Google Home Mini tells me "something went wrong and I'm unable to control your home device". Both connected to the same wifi, tried restarting, disconnecting/reconnecting with no luck. Today I decided to try again, and Google told me the Roku was unavailable, despite the fact it was on the home screen doing nothing. Any fixes yet?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Why my tv is not working on Google

0 Kudos