Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cneidle
Reel Rookie

Roku not automatically switching inputs

No matter which input I was using on my Samsung LED TV when I pressed a button on my Roku the input would automatically change to that input. About a week ago it stopped. I rebooted the TV and the Roku, checked that all the cables were secure etc. Nothing seems to have changed... Any thoughts? 

6 REPLIES 6
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku not automatically switching inputs

Go into the roku settings> system> control other devices (CEC)> uncheck 1-touch play box

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
cneidle
Reel Rookie

Isn't that the exact opposite of what I am trying to accomplish? I want it to automatically switch inputs to my Roku when I'm on another source. The check box was checked for a long time and it worked. For some reason it stopped working.

I noticed the same problem today when I tried. It was a feature that worked when I first got my device (a Roku Express), and today, even before the build 4166-AE of the 9.3.0 software update installed it wasn't switching to the port I have it connected.

I went through and verified that the "1-touch play" item is checked on the Express, and I even went into the CEC menu on my TV, set everything to "on", but nothing. My TV used to see the Roku Express as a CEC device, it no longer does. My TV did not go through a software update, so that's not an issue.

It's a useful feature, I'd to get it back if someone from Roku is paying attention.

V_104

I have had the same issue since the SW upgrade. Seems like Roku is completely ignoring this issue. Even after another SW upgrade the issue still remains. I even changed the HDMI cable to the latest standard, this too did not help.

Dank422

I just went in to -settings-system- control other devices-search for CEC devices..and it fixed the issue after the update. Hope this works for you.

0 Kudos
Aly1974

My roku has also done this.. all of a sudden stopped automatically switing imput source on the tv..i have tried everything and nothing works. One touch is enabled but nothing happens.. I javr to grab the other remote and switch the source to watch on the roku!