Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku losing internet connection etc

Hi,

I bought a second Streaming Stick+ to go in my living room. For the past week or so, every day it has lost internet connection. Not only that, once it does that the remote no longer responds (for a good few minutes) and it lags by about 30 seconds once it does.

I've never had this issue with our first stick which we have located further away from the router. All of our other internet enabled gadgets continue to work without issue. It's just the stick which seems to have problems.

Can anyone suggest any ways to help this. I've already done a full reset on it and the problems still continue.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku losing internet connection etc

@DonnaD39 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you tried rebooting your wireless network? How are you powering your Roku Streaming Stick, through USB or plugging it into an outlet?

For some wireless troubleshooting tips visit our Support page here: Tips for improving the wireless connection to your Roku® streaming device

Please keep us posted and we will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos