Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daveid45
Level 8

Roku for Analog TV

Jump to solution

I have an older Roku, model 2710X. It works fine but I've just discovered that not all channels are available on this model. I'm not planning on upgrading to a digital TV in the immediate future and was wondering if there's a newer Roku that will work with my analog TV. 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Level 21

Re: Roku for Analog TV

Jump to solution

The last model that had analog outputs was the 2018 Express+ model 3910.  The current Express+ doesn't.  You may be able to find one or use an HDMI to composite converter.  Note that the output will always be 16:9 aspect ratio and you may not be happy with it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Jump to solution

The last model that had analog outputs was the 2018 Express+ model 3910.  The current Express+ doesn't.  You may be able to find one or use an HDMI to composite converter.  Note that the output will always be 16:9 aspect ratio and you may not be happy with it.

View solution in original post

daveid45
Level 8

Jump to solution

This might force my hand and make me consider entering the 21st century. 

0 Kudos
lesmikesell
Level 13

Jump to solution

Considering that you can find TCL TV's with a built-in roku in the $125 neighborhood, it hardly seems worth spending a lot on adapters to get a signal to an antique TV.

0 Kudos