Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku express is junk and I can’t find help in the website

I recently purchased a Roku Express. It’s junk. If anyone else is on our internet, it keeps buffering and in some channels I get a message that my content isn’t available. Yet if I go use one of my streaming sticks, they work fine. I can’t find a way to contact Roku themselves, and I’m getting frustrated. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku express is junk and I can’t find help in the website

@Poihshoney67

Thanks for the post.

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Please answer the following questions so we can get a better understanding of what you are seeing:

- Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Express/Premiere is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. 
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? 
- How long have you been experiencing this problem?

If those things still aren't helping, feel free to provide us with the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About along with the answers to the above questions and I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos