Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Roku express doesn't show search bar

Jump to solution

Dear,

I don't know if this information will be usefull, but I will be very happy if someone show me what should I do to have the search bar and the globoplay channel in both rokus.

Regards,

Etienne.

[personal information removed]

Roku_02.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@EtienneOliveira 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that Roku Search is available in English in the following regions: Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States.

For more information about Roku Search, visit our Support page here: How do I find movies and TV shows using Roku Search?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Danny,

I have 2 Rokus Express in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.  One doesn't show the search bar and the other shows. Both were purchased in the USA and set up in English . Why?

I would certainly understand if both presented the same options and channels.  That's the reason of this topic.

Thanks,

Etienne

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@EtienneOliveira  In Settings>System>About on each device, what Roku account email address is each linked to? (I am guessing, based on what you described seeing, that these are linked to two separate accounts.)

As Danny mentioned earlier, Search from the Home screen is only currently available in select regions on the Roku platform. If you created an account in the US and linked your device to it, then took your device to another region, you may see 'Search' on the Home screen as the device is linked to a US account, however, many of the channels/services will likely not work as intended as they may not be available in that location. 

You'll want to ensure that you create a Roku account in Brazil, and link your devices to that Brazilian Roku account in order to see the currently supported features and channels for your device in that region. 

In order to move a Roku device to a new Roku account, you will need to factory reset the Roku device from Settings>System>Advanced system settings>Factory reset, then go through the process of linking the device to your Brazil Roku account. 

I hope that helps clarify! Let us know if you have any other questions we can help answer. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
Highlighted
zaenas
Level 7

Jump to solution

I wanted to ask you, can i hide the search bar? 

There is alot of inappropriate titles that gets shown that I do not want my kids to read or see the preview image of that title??

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Dear TannerD,

Thanks a lot for sharing this information. Based on your knowledge I got what I wanted.

Regards,

Etienne.

0 Kudos