Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peezie1
Level 7

Re: Roku express doesn't show search bar

Jump to solution

I'm in the United Kingdom and have just set up roku express. When I search anything it tells me that I need to specify my search. Even searching Netflix. My account is set up in Enland. Is this a fault?

0 Kudos
Tim24
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the U.S. version and on the bix it shows a search area ... but when connected the search option is not available  ... I have 3 other roku's and they all have this option ... granted they are not express + ... what a I missing? ... or is this just the way it is?

0 Kudos
Peezie1
Level 7

Jump to solution

So I can search on my phone app but not the TV. But on the phone app even if I type h it says that there's no search results. I dont know what to do. I regret getting d shouldve just got chromecast or something.

0 Kudos
Chuck82
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi Tanner, 

Do you have any idea when you will market or sell Roku in the Netherlands? Or conversely, when the search functionality will be supported/activated in the Netherlands?

Regards, 

Cheuk 

0 Kudos
Roeleveld
Level 9

Jump to solution

The search should be available everywhere. It's just geofencing that is blocking this simple functionality.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Chuck82 wrote:

Hi Tanner, 

Do you have any idea when you will market or sell Roku in the Netherlands? Or conversely, when the search functionality will be supported/activated in the Netherlands?

Regards, 

Cheuk 

I don't believe Tanner works for Roku any longer. I haven't seen anything from him in many months. You'd be best to ask this of @RokuDanny-R 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

As stated previously in this thread, Roku Search is available in English in the following regions: Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States.

For more information about Roku Search, visit our Support page here: How do I find movies and TV shows using Roku Search?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Phemmy017
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi all. 

I think I have found a solution to this. You can setup your Roku TV using a VPN (and set your location to Canada or US) on your internet network. That way, you will be able to access the full features of the Roku TV box....search function inclusive.

I hope this helps.

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

As stated previously in this thread, Roku Search is available in English in the following regions: Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States.

For more information about Roku Search, visit our Support page here: How do I find movies and TV shows using Roku Search?

Thanks,
Danny

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Phemmy017 Roku does not support VPN use and any discussion about its use is prohibited here on the forum.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Phemmy017
Level 7

Jump to solution

@atc98092 wrote:

@Phemmy017 Roku does not support VPN use and any discussion about its use is prohibited here on the forum.

This is noted. 

0 Kudos