Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Goinsk
Reel Rookie

Roku express blinking white and no signal

My roku express I’ve used with my Emerson tv for almost a year. I ended up getting another one and have been using it now my tv says there’s no signal the roku acts as if it works fine the second the tv is powered on and changed to proper channel that’s when roku blinks white and I can’t even reset the stupid thing! I’ve held the reset button for at least 30-40 seconds and it did nothing I even went as far as trying a different roku and different roku cords and none work but seem to work on a different tv so I’m lost for words right now I’m so aggravated I tried unplugging all cords and replacing them!

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Roku express blinking white and no signal

Make sure the Roku device is powered through the wall outlet and not the USB port on your TV set.  If it’s powered through the wall and that is not the issue, the only other thing I could say is you probably bought a defective Roku device. 

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
Goinsk
Reel Rookie

It’s plugged into the wall all of my Rokus are on their proper plug ins and it worked before and it’s just now throwing up the white light blinking. Heck it’s set up and all I just can’t see anything but the no signal. I tried my other roku and it won’t work on my tv either. Someone said to reset the roku and it won’t reset tbh I couldn’t get either of them too. 

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Tagging @Alex-Roku@Hector-Roku, @RokuMary-F and @RokuKariza-D.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hey @Goinsk

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

For clarification, have you tried connecting the affected Roku device to a different television? If so and it works, the problem might be the TV itself. We recommend contacting your TV manufacturer to report the issue and get help. They are the best ones to assist you with this matter.

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator