Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FredinPA

Roku device turns my tv on in the middle of the night and other random times

I have a Roku express 4K plus device and it keeps turning my TV back on in the middle of the night.  Will turn my TV back on at other random times.  It seems to do this after I have used it with my iPhone in order for me to use headphones for silent listening. Any suggestions on how I should proceed with Settings, etc. would be appreciated. Thank you, Fred

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Roku device turns my tv on in the middle of the night and other random times

If it’s happening only when you use the Roku Remote Control app then uninstall it from your phone and see if it continues. You can also try to swipe up and kill the app when you are done watching something. I use the Roku Remote Control app all the time with my Roku Ultra and my AirPods. When I’m done watching I put my AirPods back in the case and kill the app. Are you also using Bluetooth headphones or earbuds?

0 Kudos