Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku device run on LG tv

Jump to solution

@I-am-puzzled, it's not the Roku model you're really interested in; it's the remote that comes with it that's important if you want it to control your TV.  You're looking for a model that comes with a Voice Remote.  I think the problem people have reported with remotes not controlling LG TVs is really because when they search for "LG" nothing comes up.  However, what they don't generally say is that when they search for anything nothing comes up.  That has nothing to do with LG TVs.

https://www.roku.com/products/players

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

Jump to solution

It doesn’t work on my ThinQ WebOs LG TV. How did you get it to work with your LG TV? Or has LG just gotten too proprietary>

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have a LG T.V. and Roku ultra player. I have to use my LG remote to go to roku. On my Samsung TV I just use any key on my Roku player and it  goes from LG to Roku without using my LG remote. There is "bug" in the LG TV.

0 Kudos
Rosywoodr

Jump to solution

If there is an automatic lg software update, it overrides Roku and its device.  Back to lg remote. How to fix/prevent?

0 Kudos
drm1

Jump to solution

I just bought a new LG webOSTV LQ510S and put a better ROKU on it. It powers on the roku receiver and the TV, but the TV menu items come up. If I power off and power on AGAIN, the ROKU loads. All settings show the HDMI is default but it will NOT default to ROKU menu the first time it powers on. If I turn it off and back on within a few minutes it appears to "remember" the HDMI setting, but if it's much later, it goes right back to the LG TV menu. I've tried every setting I can think of including the 'roku sleep' option (off). These have ALWAYS worked until this new LG!

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Warmest welcome here in the Roku Community, @drm1!

Thank you for raising your concern and providing us with precise information. No worries! We're here to find you the best resolution possible. 

Have you tried to plug your Roku streaming player into a different HDMI port of your LG TV? If not, this is highly recommended. 

If the issue still occurs, kindly try to plug your Roku player into a different TV and observe if the same issue persists. If so, it will be an ideal option to contact your TV manufacturer for further clarification and assistance. 

Visit their official website to contact them. 

Keep us posted on how it goes and we'll continue assisting you from there. Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kawei

Jump to solution

My Roku was working fine on my LG TV for a couple of years. Suddenly the LG TV does not automatically load the Roku. There is a pop-up for "Other Box" I have tried changing to another HDMI port. I have tried other Roku's on this TV. Nothing is working. I have gone through all of the settings and updates on both devices. Currently I have to use 2 remotes. Anyone have any ideas on fixing this recent issue? Thanks

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@Kawei, it sounds like a setting on the TV may have been changed.  You might want to restart the TV by unplugging the power for several seconds (don't just turn it off and on).  If that doesn't work, go through the TV's settings looking for anything that refers to "CEC" or "Simplink" as LG calls it.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

I have three different Roku players connected to three different LG TVs. On all three, CEC control will change the input to the Roku when I press the Home button on the remote, the power button on the Roku remote will turn the TV on, and on two of the TVs hitting any button on the Roku remote will turn the TV on and switch the input to the Roku. The only reason the third one doesn't do that is because it's powered from the TV's USB power so it's powered off when the TV is powered off. The Roku has to be powered up before CEC functionality will work. The Roku remote on all three will control the TV/AVR volume, also using CEC. I also have an Ultra 4640 on a Samsung TV that works exactly the same.

The three Roku players on LG TVs are: Ultra 4800, Ultra 4670 and Premiere 3920. The Premiere is the one powered by the TV USB port. 

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@Exerciser-72-

Turn your Roku's "1-touch play" on via Roku menu path "Settings > System > Control other devices".

If your LG supports CEC (Consumer Electronic Control) over HDMI (LG calls this "Simplink"), turn on this feature in your TV settings. 

On some TV's you may need to have the TV do a scan or search for connected CEC devices.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos