Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ToddFunk
Reel Rookie

Roku device run on LG tv

Jump to solution

I bought a new LG thinQ, something, TV and I really dont like it.  It's difficult to navigate through menus and would rather have Roku.  If I plug a roku device into this TV, can it be set-up so that the Roku starts immedietely?  I do not want to fiddle with the LG remote to get things started.  I want to push the power button on the roku remote and things will be ready to go. Might return TV if i have to deal with 2 remotes. Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Williamt100
Roku Guru

Re: Roku device run on LG tv

Jump to solution

I use a ROKU Ultra on my LG Smart TV..  the "power" button on the ROKU remote powers up both the TV and ROKU simultaneously.  

The TV automatically recognize the ROKU and displays its home screen.  The ROKU remote also adjusts the TV's audio level.

Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

This would be a function of the tv itself.  Many will automatically start up displaying the input it was on when it was turned off.  On some you may even be able to specify a startup input.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
DBDukes

Jump to solution

To echo @makaiguy it would probably turn on to the last input.

Many current and recent TVs (yours is from 2017) will turn on and switch to the Roku input when the Roku is awakened. I have a TV that works that way (it's not an LG, though). Hitting the HOME button or otherwise waking the Roku will turn on the TV and switch the input.

I don't know for certain your TV supports that functionality, but it is common for TVs to do just that.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Williamt100
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I use a ROKU Ultra on my LG Smart TV..  the "power" button on the ROKU remote powers up both the TV and ROKU simultaneously.  

The TV automatically recognize the ROKU and displays its home screen.  The ROKU remote also adjusts the TV's audio level.

Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
ToddFunk
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yup. Just hooked up my Roku Ultra yesterday and the Roku remote starts everything and the TV DOES goes straight to Roku. The TV's app selection does pop up at the bottom of the screen but goes away in a few seconds.  So everything wprked out well.

DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Williamt100 wrote:

I use a ROKU Ultra on my LG Smart TV..  the "power" button on the ROKU remote powers up both the TV and ROKU simultaneously.  ...

One quibble. The Roku Ultra doesn't power down, so the power button won't power it up. It may wake it, but that's not the same thing.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Drow-75r
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I tried several settings, I have a new Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810X, and it could not find an LG in the built in "codes" or tvs. I have an LG Smart TV Model 49UK6090PUA (build date 10/2018).I was able to get everything EXCEPT the TV to set up. I tried the built in function (Roku said it searched the HDMI port for TV screen settings data) and that worked, but it did not find the name of the manufacturer. It said there was nothing with an L. I presume it is no big deal, the Roku stick did pick up all the TV pic data, it is the sound leveling (found that), volume control, and tv power switch. I have had the base Roku stick for over 2 years so not really a newbie and i prefer not to buy a new roku programmed universal remote since this is brand new. Any thoughts? I have given up for the night.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

May I ask which model of Roku that you are using?  

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Which Roku model are you using?  I have an LG NANO075UPA, and I'm going to have to replace my Roku stick 3800XB.  I might as well get one that powers my TV on and off in addition to turning the volume up and down and also lets me use the other features as well.  

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Which Roku model are you using?  I have an LG NANO075UPA, and I'm going to have to replace my Roku stick 3800XB.  I might as well get one that powers my TV on and off in addition to turning the volume up and down and also lets me use the other features as well.  

0 Kudos