Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zeyyyad
Reel Rookie

Roku connection/linking issues with iPhone

Hello everyone, My roku device is connected to my router and my network. But when I try to connect it to my iPhone in the mobile app or AirPlay it does not show up. This has been an issue for the past3-4months. It’s infuriating and it made me lose so much time. Please help me find a solution!!!

Roku Premiere (3920 series) 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Roku connection/linking issues with iPhone

First you need to verify AirPlay support is installed on your Roku:

1)  Check for Settings/Apple AirPlay and HomeKit   <-if this doesnt exist, your 3920 doesnt have AirPlay support installed - it should have it if it has OS9.4/10.

2) Check for updates: Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Check now (you can also check your current firmware version here:  must be 9.4/10 - try again

3) Open Apple AirPlay and HomeKit and make sure AirPlay=ON - just to be sure, toggle it off and on again. - try again

4) Open Require Code and Reset Paired Devices - try again

5) Disable & Re-enable WIFi on the Apple devices - try again

6) Switch either Rokus or Apples from 5Ghz to 2.4Ghz, or from 2.4Ghz to 5Ghz - try again

7) Restart all devices (Rokus, Apples, router/modem) - try again

😎 Switch Roku's display output to 1080p - try again

0 Kudos
FritzMc

Really frustrating! Same issue here. The solution is, you have to do both AirPlay setup and then connect your tv through HomeKit. They’re both on the same tab in the Roku settings. Nowhere in any of the Roku AirPlay setup discussions could I find this. After enabling AirPlay, scroll down to HomeKit and add device (your tv). Go to screen mirroring on your phone and there’s your tv. Hope this helps. 

0 Kudos
Kemmie
Reel Rookie

I’ve done ALL of that…still will not work 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @Kemmie

I hope you're doing well.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern?

We'd like to know more about how we can help.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos