Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wanderer28
Reel Rookie

Roku city skylines "screen saver"

Jump to solution

I absolutely love the aesthetic of this screen especially the subtleties (such as the blinking antennas) . It's made with a loving touch for just enough things to stand out that it's simplicity is highlighted through the addition of say maybe spiderman, maybe a tight rope walker. Even the ads o the screen fit perfect.

So, here's where I'd like to contradict myself slight in that at first I would notice new small touches and be more impressed. However, now having the TV for 2ish months.... I'm doubtful I'm missing much more. As a extra bonus to your customers, (and realistically it'd probably take a one hour brain-storming meeting followed by 1 week of a intern programing this, so very very little cost to roku) I'd love to se one-offs. Maybe a UFO flies over for 5 seconds, with a random trigger being applied so it only happens once every million "chances". Or a mysterious man flies across the screen (Is it superman? hancock?) once every 500,000 "chances", maybe a car shoots off an disappears (Definitely not a DeLorean!) once every 450,000 chances. a robot crawls across the background buildings once every 100,000 chances. Maybe you see a "matrix rain code" in one of the foreground windows once every 700,000 chances. someone resting in a hammock once every 20,000 chances in the background building. all of this of course in the same black and white art style. (Whoa, was that a light saber battle?!) 1 in 100,000,000 chance?

Take "The adventures of johnny castaway" for example. Ignoring all of the sound and art style - the underlying programing was amazing. Randomized events that made it feel "Alive" (Again, with the artwork and tact of the current city skyline, but the quirky and charming randomness of johnny castaway.

Wasn't sure where else to post this, hope there's some support for the idea.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku city skylines "screen saver"

Jump to solution

Try:  Suggest a Feature | Roku Community | Roku 

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku city skylines "screen saver"

Jump to solution

Try:  Suggest a Feature | Roku Community | Roku 

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos