Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
therapist

Roku channel viewing history of movies I have watched

I really enjoyed a free movie I watched on Roku channel. However, I cannot remember the exact title. How can I view my watched movie history for Roku Channel? 

12 REPLIES 12
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku channel viewing history of movies I have watched

If you didn't watch it completely though (exited during the closing credits or the like), there may be a chance that it is still under the "Continue Watching" section.  Located under the "Featured" section.   Other that that, no Recently Watched/History  section to the Roku Channel that I am aware of.

Other avenue is if you Searched for the movie, Roku does save your "Recent Search Selections".  From the Home Screen, just select "Search" and then to the right you should see the last 10 searches.

Additionally, if you remember the actor(s), you can type that in the Search bar and see if any of the titles ring a bell.

Most of the Channels do have a "Recently Watched" sections so maybe something Roku could consider implementing.

Maybe you will get lucky with one of the above suggestions.  Alternatively, post description here with actor(s) and maybe someone knows title or do a web search with same info. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
JoeyJ

Why doesn't ROKU have a list of movies we recently watched. Often times, you close a movie I selected after a long pause when I intended to continue later or I fall asleep near the end and miss it all!!  Makes me mad when either happens. I don't like that there is no way to view a list of recently watched movies because without knowing the title or actors, there is no way to search for the movie and it's a wipe out for me. Not happy!!

Randt
Reel Rookie

ROKU definitely needs to add a "recently watched" feature. I started watching a really good movie (British) but had to put it on pause for about an hour. When I went back to watch it, Roku had reset itself. I can't remember the name of the movie, it's not listed in the "Continue Watching" section for some reason, and can't find it when searching through Roku. Very frustrating!

PS. Movie was about a mom who discovers that her daughter has joined a free love (hippy) commune instead of going to law school. Any help???

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Randt 

If you can remember some more details or even an actor, can try this site. http://www.whatismymovie.com/

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Randt
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the info. It didn't find this movie but I will definitely use it the site again!

0 Kudos
coodles101583
Channel Surfer

Same happened to me... Sucks! 

0 Kudos
coodles101583
Channel Surfer

Hi same always happens to me ... I watched something similar it was called The Perfect Mother... Idk if that helps. Only other thing is if you searched it it would be under the search area you type in just type search and it saves your last 10 searches. Otherwise it could still be possibly in your recent watches. Hope that helps. 

0 Kudos
jukor

Where are "continue watching" and "featured"?

0 Kudos
pugo46
Channel Surfer

What a joke, it's almost enough to "Uncut the Cord."   At least with a TV you have rhe "Previous Channel" or "Return" button.

It would take a programmer about 5 seconds to give us customer the feature we want.

0 Kudos