Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nonnon

Roku all of a sudden speaking when seaching through items

Jump to solution

All of a sudden when searching through things on my TV that has a Roku device it's some female voice telling me about each item I land on.  Just started doing this after months of use.  Want to get rid of her.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku all of a sudden speaking when seaching through items

Jump to solution
  • A feature called Audio Guide announces where you are in the Roku menus for the benefit of the visually impaired. At some point you probably hit the * key four times in a short period of time. This is a shortcut that toggles the Audio Guide feature on and off, so four quick presses of the * key should turn the Audio Guide feature back off.

To deactivate the four-* trigger shortcut altogether use menu path Settings > Accessibility > Shortcut (in the Audio Guide section) > Disabled

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku all of a sudden speaking when seaching through items

Jump to solution
  • A feature called Audio Guide announces where you are in the Roku menus for the benefit of the visually impaired. At some point you probably hit the * key four times in a short period of time. This is a shortcut that toggles the Audio Guide feature on and off, so four quick presses of the * key should turn the Audio Guide feature back off.

To deactivate the four-* trigger shortcut altogether use menu path Settings > Accessibility > Shortcut (in the Audio Guide section) > Disabled

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos