Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
epidemix
Reel Rookie

Re: Time to warn others about problems with Roku Update & how it bricks TVs and streaming boxes

Jump to solution

After hitting the physical reset button several times, it looks like I’ve been able to get the “What’s new” menu to finally disappear. 

0 Kudos
OldClone85
Binge Watcher

Re: Time to warn others about problems with Roku Update & how it bricks TVs and streaming boxes

Jump to solution

It's better to work with the technicians from Roku than ftom someone who is not an employee of the company. Ok you get a rollback from some unknown entity who is not an employee of Roku, ever consider the legalities of the issue? This is proprietary material that is owned by Roku. As I said the agent I spoke to said there is no rollback to 10.0. If you have an iPhone, for example,  the same dilemma is there, no rollback to earlier software. This is Roku's problem. They are acutely aware of it. Let them solve it. In the mean time use your Firestick, Chromecast or whatever else works properly.

Skril
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

How do you contact Roku to get a rollback?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@OldClone85 no one is getting a rollback from anyone but Roku. There's nothing I can do, nor any other non-Roku employee. Since Roku doesn't offer phone support, I question who you might have talked to. I have heard of Roku reaching out to users, but only via email, not phone. And yes, they can offer a rollback, as others have mentioned. But they have to perform it manually to specific devices. And that can only be done by Roku.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Skril wrote:

How do you contact Roku to get a rollback?

Send a private message to @RokuDanny-R with your device model and serial number. You send a PM by clicking their name, then clicking View profile. On their profile page is a button to send a PM. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Update affecting TVs and streaming boxes

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

In order for us to best assist you, we will need more information about the issue you are experiencing.

If you are experiencing an issue regarding Roku Ultra devices, please see this thread.

Likewise, if you are experiencing an issue on Roku TV, please see this thread.

Please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have more information, we will be able to assist you further.

In order to avoid further confusion, and multiple threads for the same issue, we are closing this thread out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator