Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SD493
Level 7

Roku UltraSluggish

I have the Roku Ultra. I have had it since shortly after the Ultra was introduced. Lately, it has become very sluggish in it's response to the remote.  A reboot fixes this, but it is annoying to have to do it at least daily, sometimes several times a day. Not infrequently, it will spontaneously reboot while I am watching something. It has become an increasingly unstable device for me (I have the latest updates). Anybody else having problems with the Ultra?
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Basil
Level 10

Re: Roku UltraSluggish

Have you checked the batteries in the remote? There’s a menu item for that.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
SD493
Level 7

It’s not the remote. The results are the same with my Harmony or the Roku remote. The Roku Ultra has become very unstable.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Can't say it's been a problem with mine. I might go weeks without a reboot. The only time it's rebooted is a firmware update or loss of commercial power. That hasn't happened in a long time.  
In fairness, it isn't used heavily, but it can sit there untouched for a week and works just fine when I do use it.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 11

Could it be a custom screensaver or something like that, causing slowdown? Maybe try changing the theme or the screensaver, just as a troubleshoot step.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Mazz
Level 10

Do you have an MicroSD card inserted into your Roku? I have had the odd issues where my Roku got buggy due to the MicroSD card getting corrupted. And a weird issue i have noticed with my Roku making the Remote sluggish is, for some reason if my Android box is not turned on while i use my Roku i can't use the remote. I either have to turn on my box or unplug the power source from it for my Roku remote to work properly.(Freaking Weird issue)
0 Kudos
SD493
Level 7

A reboot solves the problem, until the next time.
0 Kudos