Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 16

Roku Ultra upgrade

So I finally got back to town and my new Ultra was waiting for me.

I had/have a Roku 2 and was wondering if there was going to be any appreciable difference really. Had to re-link a couple of Channels.

I only upgraded really because the Ultra's were so cheap. Well, the transformation was relatively straight forward and performed well. Roku kinda screwed around with my Channels and mixed them around. Added a few which I summarily nuked. And I'll have to play with my Home screen a bit. Haven't really looked at my new settings though. So far Im pleased with the upgrade. The Ultra is much more responsive and quicker.

This one remote does it all and no longer will I need to cart around 2 remotes.

Haven't figured out how to program the two buttons to channels yet. Anyone know how?

So far I'm happy but I liked my old Roku 2.

Update: Had to reset the new remote which I never needed to do on the old one. We'll see.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Roku Ultra upgrade

The new extra keys hold voice search prompts, so you first have to search for something using the voice key, if it finds what you want and you want to keep that search, press and hold 1 or 2 key.

I use that remote with my TCL tv, so 1 key is YouTube tv, and 2 key is hdmi 3, renamed computer. I also bought the cheap Ultra but its setting attached to my Roku tv. I'm just going to use it to search roku IR commands looking for new discrete channel like Youtube tv if it ever shows up or Apple tv.

Edmund
Highlighted
Level 16

So you set #2 to change the HDMI port? ...WoW.

So far I like it.

too early to tell

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

You understand it controls an input because the ultra remote is paired with a roku tv, and only TV's have inputs. It won't change an input on tv simply attached to roku ultra.  I have two of these remotes, one I bought used off of ebay for $22, then I receive the other with ultra.

Edmund
Highlighted
Level 16

Well then I cant do that. I guess its a perk with RokuTV's.

I never use anything but my Roku much.

But its interesting you can do that.

0 Kudos