Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dadrosen45
Level 7

Roku Ultra to Monitor via DVI

I connected my Roku Ultra to my brand new AOC 32" monitor via HDMI to DVI cable...got the sound from the remote...worked beautifully until a few days ago when the color went weird. tried a new cable and that didn't change anything...what's wrong? any ideas? Thanks!
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Basil
Level 10

Re: Roku Ultra to Monitor via DVI

Do you have another device to try the Roku with? Like an actual TV with an HDMI input? That might help narrow down if it's the Roku, the connecting cables and/or adapters, or the monitor.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
twiceover
Level 10

There was another post around here just recently where another user lost DVI capability with a recent update.  
0 Kudos
dadrosen45
Level 7

it's definitely the Roku Ultra device...I did a factory reset and it worked perfectly again...for a while...then it went haywire again....
0 Kudos
fluke
Level 10

Is the monitor 1920x1080 or a non-standard resolution like 1600x900?  I assume this is an older monitor that has no HDMI ports?

If this is an older monitor that doesn't provide full 1080p, you might want to force the ultra to 720p and see if that keeps the problem from occurring.

Also try checking the monitor's configuration menus to see if you can force the monitor to always treat the DVI port as digital (DVI-D).  If the monitor is slipping into analog (DVI-A), you are going to get some really weird stuff as the Roku probably doesn't have any support for DVI-A.

If your monitor has a HDMI port but your are using the DVI just because the HDMI is already in use, I recommend getting a HDMI splitter instead of trying to use DVI.  HDMI splitters have gotten fairly cheap.
0 Kudos