Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaavenor
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Ultra suddenly turns on and Remote Finder starts beeping

Thank you.  I hope that we have resolve in this matter - it's been more than three weeks since I was last promised an answer.  Out of frustration I've started to research Apple and Amazon devices and may soon have to go one of those directions for uninterrupted streaming. 

0 Kudos
josh2085

-Roku device model - 4800x - Roku Ultra 
-serial number - X01000A8FTMP
-device ID - S02A20C8FTMP
-software OS/version - 9.4.1 build 4237-C2

I have the same issue any fix for this Yet?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@josh2805

Thanks for reaching out and providing me with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
doc333

Has anyone received an answer of fix for this?  I have had the exact same since JANUARY and no one EVER gets back to me about this.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Some users have figured out there was some other wireless device within their home that was triggering the function. I believe it was one of the mesh networking devices. Moving one of the devices resolved the issue for them. Myself, it's never happened with mine.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
jaavenor
Binge Watcher

Thank you.  I have the Google mesh Wi-Fi system in my home.  The Google mesh Wi-Fi system is particularly effective for streaming as you can hardwire a Google mesh pod directly with the Roku device.  This perhaps is the reason for the false remote finder problem.  The question I have however, the problem for me started in January - three months after purchase of the Roku Ultra.  I did not have the problem for the first three months of using the Roku for streaming.  Perhaps subsequent manufacturer automatic updates to Google and Roku triggered the problem.  Could there be one or more particular Apps on the Roku that that trigger the remote finder?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@jaavenor wrote:

Could there be one or more particular Apps on the Roku that that trigger the remote finder?

That I can't answer, as I don't have the problem with my unit. But my guess would be that it wouldn't have anything to do with any installed channels on the Roku. There's simply something in the mesh network signal that is triggering the remote finder circuit. Perhaps someone that had the issue and found a solution can come forward here with what they found, if anything.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
norton1
Reel Rookie

So update - I have changed nothing.  However, since about March, this remote finder issue with my Ultra has not re-surfaced.  I have applied all updates pushed to the device since purchasing it back in December. 

I've noticed that not all updates were applied automatically - I do have to occasionally go in to Settings and actively search and update. 

I don't have Sonos, or Google wifi, or any of the other devices I've seen mentioned in this topic.  Just Fios with the Quantum Gateway router. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
DSkull
Reel Rookie

I've been dealing with this problem for 2 weeks now. I went into system settings and turned off or unchecked the box for controlling other devices, I then held the pairing button on the remote to unpair it from the device and used the app on my phone to pair it back. I haven't had any issues since.

I hope this is the solution. 

0 Kudos
RAGO
Binge Watcher

Thanks for this.  My problem seems to have disappeared. However, your solution is intriguing.  I haven’t tried it because I use the Roku device to control my TV and Sonos ARC volume.  Do you use your Roku to adjust volumes of other devices and did checking this off negate that capability?  I would think it would.

0 Kudos