Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KMD17
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Ultra suddenly turns on and Remote Finder starts beeping

All of the excuses about mesh networks being the problem are garbage (the prior version worked on mesh so the latest version should too if designed properly).  Like jaavenor stated, the only fix is to demand a new unit.  I also refused to send the defective one back until I got a new one that worked. After over a month of dealing with Roku's horrible customer service department, I randomly received a package with a new unit and return label to send the defective one back. The new unit works so far but with that said, I'll never buy another Roku product again. It is completely unacceptable for a company with the market share of Roku to have such poor customer service. 

0 Kudos
JesusDiabeetus
Channel Surfer

This thread has existed for 9 MONTHS, with 100 COMMENTS, and still no response from Roku in this thread, about this clearly known-issue. Mine is not on a mesh wifi network, it's not near other devices, and it still tries to do it with the batteries out of the remote. The problem obviously lies in the unit itself. Mine started with the remote finder randomly going off, then started doing it so often the unit says I can't use remote finder so quickly again. Now suddenly I hear it trying to click select as if someone is pushing buttons on the remote and NO ONE is touching it. All the while, the remote finder keeps on going and going

This is absolutely pathetic and ridiculous on Roku's part, at this point. This unit is about to get dropkicked into the street. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@JesusDiabeetus

Thanks for the post and providing us with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
apkkumar

This same issue happens to my Roku Ultra 4800X also.

I've opened a case 5064243.

0 Kudos
RokuIrene-S
Retired Moderator

Hi @apkkumar

Thanks for the post.

We'll have a member of our Support team follow up on this case. Rest assured that we'll send you an update via email once we have it. We appreciate your patience for the time being.

All the best,
Irene

0 Kudos
JesusDiabeetus
Channel Surfer

I received an email 11 days ago asking for my address (still haven't received any follow-up), so they can generously give me a new remote (that isn't the issue, the unit is), and Roku seems to understand there's an issue with these units, but isn't acknowledging it publicly. It's frustrating due to the fact that this is clearly a  known-issue, but aren't doing anything about it, other than lip service. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@JesusDiabeetus

Thanks for the post.

I've passed along your concerns to our Support team who will follow up with you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Smoo
Reel Rookie

Hello. My remote started beeping yesterday and I followed the instructions on how to stop it according to a Google search. Did not stop. Finally I unplugged the base unit from the power source and after a few more beeps, it stopped!  Plugged in the base unit and no beeping. I think the base rebooted and voi-la!   Don’t know if this will work for you folks having this problem, but throwing this out there for consideration. 

0 Kudos
ElleMc
Reel Rookie

Just started with my remote. I've had my Ultra for over a year so I'm pretty sure Roku won't send me a new box. Haven't moved my box or anything, and yet, this started all of a sudden. Tried all the resets to no avail. Shocked that nearly a year of complaints and there have been no solutions. I guess it's time to dump the Roku and upgrade to a "smart" TV. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@ElleMc

Thanks fo the post.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos