Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kingfroggy
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Ultra suddenly turns on and Remote Finder starts beeping

The problem appears to be solved.
A few days ago I moved my Roku Ultra to the top right corner of my TV stand. It is now over 3 feet away from my Spectrum cable box and my DVD player that are on the shelf below the tops do on the far left. It also now has a clear line of sight to my ORBI satellite. 
The remote hasn’t alerted since I made the move. Could be just a coincidence. Only time will tell. 

0 Kudos
R-6
Reel Rookie

I join others in reporting the Roku Ultra remote issue of self-starting the “find my remote” signal/beep, not only when the system is on but also when shut down. My box is less than 8 weeks old. 
DEVICE MODEL: 4800X 

SN: X02A2097GMVG 

DEVICE ID: S02A2097GMVG 

SOFTWARE: 9.4.1 

Kparadine
Channel Surfer

Box comes on randomly, then random lost remote signal

I got two Roku Ultra 4800s this week.  One works like a charm.  The other one keeps waking my wife up with lost remote sounds when the box comes on all by itself.  No one is activating the lost remote feature or turning the box on , and the remote itself is sitting on an end table in the bedroom and not being touched when this happens.  The Roku itself is sitting next to the TV and similarly not being touched.   It's happened 5+ times and seems to only happen in the late evening.

Before she tells me to rip this out and put something else in, help?  I think I need to return the box.

Thank you. (edited after I got more information out of her)

Kparadine
Channel Surfer

Re: Random lost remote signal

Just did it again.  I have it in my office now, a couple rooms away, at least it's not waking her up.

Kparadine
Channel Surfer

Ok now i'm getting word that the box comes on randomly and THEN the lost remote signal goes off. 

JK66

Add my name to the list. Roku Ultra Ethernet connected. Annoying as **bleep**. I have to pull the batteries from the remote and use a harmony remote instead. This needs to be fixed.....and please change the next update to allow a user to TURN OFF find my remote! Careful people don't require that function.

Kparadine
Channel Surfer

I appreciate the pointer.  I went and checked it out, moved the Roku and it just went off 3 times at 5:27pm ET.

The only RF device in close proximity is a Ubiquiti wall-mounted WAP, which is now about 10 feet from the Roku.  If that is it, then Roku isn't for me, because that's a big, big problem.  I'm going to have to return this.

Strega
Roku Guru

I believe the Roku Ultra is the only one with the remote finder feature (or "feature" in your case), so trading down would be one way out.  Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@R-6 

Thanks for the post and providing your information.

I have passed it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Tags (1)
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Kparadine @JK66 

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos